UTRIP (Institute for Research and Development)
UTRIP is a research institute working among other topics on youth risky behaviours and the prevention of alcohol and drug addiction.
Aims and Objectives
The main aim of UTRIP is the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes in the field of youth risk behaviour prevention and reduction of other health, social and intergenerational problems in society.
- UTRIP is the coordinator of the project "Club Health - Healthy and Safer Nightlife of Youth" which is co-financied by the European Commission (Health Programme) and wil start in March 2009.
- UTRIP is a partner organization in FP7-HEALTH Project AMPHORA (Alcohol Measures for Public Health Alliance) which is coordinated by the Hospital of Barcelona. It started in January 2009.
- UTRIP organises seminars and trainings for social and health services, NGOs, local authorities etc. on several topics (e.g. addiction prevention, youth risk behaviour, etc.)
Articles and publications
1. Training concept for the promotion of social and personal skills in socially disadvantaged young adults as a basic condition for lifelong learning:
2. Requirements for educational policies concerning the empowerment of socially disadvantaged persons:
3. Friendship, fun and risk behaviours in nightlife recreational contexts in Europe: