Regional European Alcohol Policy Youth Conference (REAPYC)
Meeting dates: 16th – 22nd December 2013
Venue: Chisinau, Moldova
The Regional European Alcohol Policy Youth Conference (REAPYC) is a youth conference, first of its kind that will gather around 50 young people from different countries of the Eastern European Partnership Window (http://ec.europa.eu/youth/orphans/eastern-partnership-youth-window_en.htm) in Chisinau, Moldova between the 16th and 22nd December 2013. The idea of the conference is to build capacity for youth organizations and young people to become advocates of a more comprehensive alcohol policy in Europe.
The conference will gather up to 50 participants from Moldova, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Belarus, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. The conference will offer parallel sessions focusing on youth research on alcohol, project development and advocacy on alcohol policy.
The objectives of the REAPYC conference are to:
- host a conference with 50 young people aged 18-30 interested in preventing/ reducing alcohol-related harm,
- organize plenary presentations with experts, policy- and decision-makers from the region and broader,
- organize three parallel workshops on the topics of youth research, project development on alcohol and advocacy for alcohol policy,
- produce an action plan to tackle the alcohol-related problems in the region in line with European Alcohol Strategy (http://www.eurocare.org/resources/policy_issues/eu_alcohol_strategy),
- prepare a final publication about the outcomes of the conference, and
- prepare at least one follow-up project per country involved.
More information can be found in the right menu.
The final publication of our last conference can be found on this link: Bled Youth Paper